A code of mutual trust between the hospital and our patients.
Ponca City Medical Center Responsibilities are to:
- Provide the treatment you need. We will arrange your transfer to another facility if we cannot meet your needs.
- Give care with respect. You or your representative (as allowed under State law) have the right to make informed decisions about your care.
- Provide care and records that are private and confidential. You have the right to access information contained within your medical record within a reasonable time frame.
- Provide full information about you health status, treatment and what to expect. This will be given in ways you understand and will let you take part in your treatment, by participating in the development and implementation of your care plan.
- Inform you of any research or projects having to do with your treatment.
- Inform you of your right to refuse treatment as the laws of the State of Oklahoma allow and to know the medical risks of refusing.
- Provide you with information on "Advance Directive for Health Care" within the limits of the law of the State of Oklahoma (see admission packet), as well as your right to refuse treatment, i.e., self determination act.
- Assist you to visit with a specialist at your request and expense.
- Allow you to have a family member of your choice and your own physician notified promptly of your admission to the hospital.
- Provide a safe environment. This includes the right to be free of all forms of abuse or harassment and the freedom from restraints of any form that are not medically necessary or are used as a means of coercion, discipline, convenience or retaliation by staff.
- Introduce you to your team of physicians, nursing staff, other care givers and students.
- Assist you with pain control.
- Assist you in contacting an Ethics Committee member.
- Notify you of the process for prompt resolution of patient grievances, whether written or verbal. The person to contact within the hospital to file a grievance, whether oral or written, is:
- Manager of the department where you are located; or
- Quality Management Regulatory Compliance Director, extension 2517; or
- Action Line, Extension 2212 or 765-0212.
Regardless of whether you have first used the hospital's grievance process, you may lodge a grievance directly with
Oklahoma State Department of Health
1000 N.E. 10th
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
- Explain your bill. If you are a Medicare patient, you have the right to request a review regarding quality of care, premature discharge or your bill:
Oklahoma Foundation for Peer Review
Paragon Bldg., Suite 406
Oklahoma City, OK 73188-9984
Patient (or Patient Representatives) responsibilities are to:
- Give true and complete information about yourself and your condition.
- Cooperate with decisions about your care and follow the needed treatment.
- Express concerns about your care to staff.
- Respect the rights of other patients, visitors, and employees and the property of others and the hospital.
- Make arrangements to pay your bill.
This full policy is available upon request.
Ponca City Medical Center does not discriminate because of race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, handicap, marital status or age in admissions, treatment programs, services, patient referrals or employment.